Friday, February 28, 2003

So yeah, I played my second solo show ever last night at Saints N Sinners. That was a good time. I wasn't drinking enough, tho. I was still way too nervous, considering that there were only 30 or so people there, anyway. I dunno. Mostly it was all my friends. My friends are amazing people. Some of them travelled almost an hour to see my sorry ass. And I was almost totally deaf. It made it very hard to even tune a guitar. Tuning was the first 5 minutes of my act. And I only played two songs. Just read a bunch of random writings of mine. Excerpts from my book and whatnot. Nobody told me I suck. So I'm beginning to think maybe I don't. I mean, I'm pretty confident in my writing ability, and I know that if I could do justice to my own songs, they would be great. But my performance skills need a lot of honing. Maybe when I get my hearing back I should start rehearsing more. Hopefully I can. Well, I gotta eat so I can go to work tonight. My friends are awesome and ridiculously supportive. I love them all so much. Thanks guys and gals!

xoxo,
j-ro

current music: My Dad Is Dead - The Taller You Are, The Shorter You Get

No comments:

Post a Comment