Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Survived my first shift working from 7pm to 7am. I tried to blog from there, since it was quite quiet (try typing that ten times fast!), but I forgot my username. I am such a dolt. It's hard when you have too many identities, like I do. But being Jon is boring, and besides, Garfield's owner gave Jons everywhere a bad name. Maybe he is to blame for my checkered lovelife. That's right, I'm gonna blame a cartoon, instead of my own shyness and inability to cut to the chase. Directness is my new New Year's Resolution.

(I almost forgot the subject of identity that I started, and then posted without completing, so inserted now, for your reading pleasure, is a continued rant about my nicknames.)

Being Jon is boring. Being Crazy Pablo has it's moments, but a lot of times, I don't feel like a Crazy Pablo anymore. But being J-Ro, despite my initial objections, makes me feel confident and comfortable. And since I had started toying with the idea of simply being known as J. before the J-Ro handle was thrust upon me, it seems to be a natural progression. So I guess I should thank you, Dave Harrison. I suppose I will be sure to tell my co-workers my preferred nickname. Maybe I'll feel more at ease.

But yeah, work seems pretty cool. It's nice to be working with adults again, and not spending my hours babysitting, like the last two years at Tower. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate young people, but when you pay $5.25 to start, you're gonna get stuck with The Bad News Bears of the retail world. For every 12 kids you hire, 10 of them are gone in two weeks and then one of the two left is the biggest fucking moron you've ever met. I mean, someone who goes beyond the scales of thinking that Jethro Tull is a solo artist. But enough about my old job. It seems I lucked out with my crew here. They're all friendly, but have personalities, and we have the cool supervisor. I think I'm gonna like it here.


n.p. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Demos (for the umpteenth time)

No comments:

Post a Comment